Join us for an exploration of Tibetan medicine, an unbroken lineage passed down over centuries by great healers in Tibet and the Himalayas. This weekend immersion will introduce the fundamentals of Tibetan medicine and how its wisdom can be applied in your life.
The essential principles of Sowa Rigpa, the Tibetan Science of Healing, are depicted as trees growing in the Medicine Buddha’s mandala garden. We will explore the Medicine Buddha’s mandala and the trees images of the Root Tantra, which capture the essence of the medical system in a concise yet profound way.
The class will also introduce how to work with herbal medicine, focusing on the local plants available in the Southern California medicine mandala being established at Pure Land Farms.
Topics will include:
• Connections between Buddhism, tantra and medicine
• Essential Tibetan cosmology & the five elements
• Tanaduk – a tour through the Medicine Buddha’s mandala garden, and how to understand the functions of all types of medicinal plants.
• Exploration of the medicinal plants usable in California, and how to work with herbs in a Tibetan context
• Understanding the forces that create health and disease, and how to stay in balance according to your constitution.
• Basic principles of how to use diet, lifestyles, external therapies, medicines and mantras to maintain health.
• Tibetan yogic practices for the body, speech, and mind.
All will benefit from this weekend. Whether medical practitioners or the general public, all are welcome and will learn new contexts of how to approach health and healing.
Saturday and Sunday July 6 - 7, 10 AM - 6PM
Lunch not provided | There will be a 90 minute lunch break
In order to attend this course, it is highly recommended to attend Dr. Nida’s Introduction to Tibetan Medicine on June 29th. For those unable to attend, an audio recording will be available for purchase.